The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- Your name;
- Your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street and/or telephone number your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to contact and communicate with you
- responding to your enquiries and providing you with our services
- managing your membership with NASAA
- providing you with information about developments in the industry, events and projects that we are involved in
- organising and coordinating our forums and events
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our site, associated applications and associated social media platforms
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your information
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities
- our existing or potential agents or business partners
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred; and
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Generally, NASAA will obtain consent before it discloses any personal information other than as specified in this policy. Such consent may be given expressly or it may be implied by conduct.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about developments in the industry, events and projects that we are involved in, and products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, email or telephone in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. At any time, you may opt-out of receiving communications from us by contacting us (see the contact details below) or by using any opt-out facilities provided in the communications, and we will then ensure that your name is removed from the relevant mailing list.
Choice and consent
Information from third parties
You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
- National Association for Sustainable Agriculture Australia
ABN: 85 003 260 348
21 June 2019