Learn about Australian certified organic production
If you a looking to learn more about authentic certified organic food, fibre and cosmetic production and distribution, you have come to the right place.
NASAA Organic provides numerous gateways to learn about Australian organic production.
Our expertise extends well beyond administering Australia’s leading Organic Certification program through our subsidiary company NASAA Certified Organic (NCO).
As the first organic industry association, NASAA has the enviable reputation of authoring the first Australian Organic Standard.
NASAA was later instrumental in working with the Federal Government in establishing the National Standard for Organic and Biodynamic Produce, which provides minimum organic standards for all organic certifiers accredited by the Department of Agriculture (DoA).
The NASAA Standard was also the first to be accredited internationally with iFOAM International.
To help you begin your journey into organics, the NASAA Organic website provides a range of information.
Is organics right for me?
As with all farming, the productivity of organic farms is highly dependent on the local environment, rainfall, soil types and the skill of the producer.
NASAA recommends to all prospective operators that before undertaking a conversion into organic production, you become fully informed.
Organic systems and producers should be motivated first by a desire to move towards a more natural and cleaner production system.
Organic production needs to be a lifestyle choice as much as a business choice anchored in commercial realities.
To gain a deeper understanding and learn more about organic production, we highly recommend the following:
1. Register online to become a member of NASAA Organic.
Benefits of NASAA Organic membership include:
- NASAA quarterly newsletter
- updates on industry developments and issues
- discount to attend NASAA events, conferences and field days
- reduced advertising rates in NASAA publications, including the Organic Insights magazine
- helping to influence food production policy
- networking opportunities with other organic producers/processors/handlers
- marketing support via sector-wide promotion of organics that underpins consumer confidence and sales.
2. Read the NASAA Certified Organic pages
3. Participate in NASAA’s ‘Into Organics’ program:
- Attend some of our Field Days
- Attend the conferences and forums
4. View our online case study videos
6. Read the NASAA Organic and Biodynamic Standard